BANK WITH UBA

BANK WITH UBA
Click banner for more info....

STUDY AT ECU

STUDY AT ECU
Click banner for more info...

Sunday 13 December 2015

Part 2: Fragile Heart

By Winston Muleba II 
‘What do you mean? We are just the two of us here by the river, are you shy? I enjoyed a kiss; kiss me once more,’ I said. “Awe naiwe (nope), I don’t mean to hurt your feelings. Let’s just talk about our life experiences. I guess its high time time we started to know each other well,” Mulenga suggested. 

‘Well, if you say so, I can’t force you. Moreover, I shouldn’t have come out so direct about the kiss thing. Hope taumbwenenemo (you’ve not looked down on me). Have you? I don’t know what came over me anyway. Bear with me, I guess it’s normal,’ I said. 

“It’s ok. Why should I look down on you? We all have feelings, next time it would be me. So how have you been brought up?,” he asked. 

‘As you may be aware, I currently live with my grandmother. My father died when I was in grade seven, so my grandmother asked me to move in with her living my widowed mother in Kitwe with my siblings; a brother and sister. I miss them so much. We came here to the village,’ 

‘I continued my education with the little help I received from well-wishers. I made sure I studied hard to make it to high school. My dream has always been to become a Medical Doctor some day and help my mother and siblings. It so happened that upon qualifying to grade ten, my grandmother had no financial muscle to take me to St. Mary’s where I was offered admission; I thus ended up going on the streets, selling seasonal fruits and cassava with a view to going back to school upon realizing a certain amount of a money. This is how I came here in Samfya and found myself selling fruits and cassava by the railway side. I, I, I, I…!' I cried as I was explaining to Mulenga. 

“Chewe stop crying, I feel your experience. I wish I were in the best position to help out financially,” he said. 

Two months Later, Mulenga asked me out, to have fun at Samfya beach and proposed love to me. I said YESSSSSS!!!! We had a blast for sure. Just there by the beach, there was a man who was staring at me, he advanced his intention towards me and gave me his business card when Mulenga went to order some foods. I didn’t tell him though that I got a business card from a man. 

This man was a Lecturer at Mansa Trades College. He started visiting me in the village and eventually bought me a ‘cellular’ NOKIA 5610 lol. He told me he fell in love with me, proposed, I accepted his proposal and we started dating whilst I was dating Mulenga. 

As days went by, Mulenga sensed that something fishy was happening and gained enough courage to ask. 

“Mutinta, you have changed of late, you hardly come to see me, you’ve become short tempered and most irritating you’ve been ignoring me, why? Is anything the matter? Or maybe somebody is keeping you busy than I do,” Mulenga asked. 

‘No dear, nothing is the matter, it’s just that have been busy nowadays,’ I cheated. 

“But why do you behave so strange and who bought you that phone which you always fail to answer in my presence? Each time it rings you cut the calls and switch it off instantly?,” he further probed me. 

‘Come on, I cut the calls and switch it off in your presence to avoid disturbances; you know how much I love you and treasure your presence, right? Don’t think otherwise, I am all and forever yours, iwe naine meno ne fiponshi (you and I it’s like a bond between teeth and gums),’I replied. 

“Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that my application was successful at Bank of Zambia regional office in Ndola. I was offered a Job as a Public Relations Officer (PRO) but after probation they will still reconsider me for a better position worth my credentials. Our prayer has been answered and you know what? As soon as I get paid, I’ll buy you Brazilian hair, those long dresses I Like and buy some Chitenge materials for your grandmother,” he briefed and promised me. 

“Besides I want you to go back to school,” he added. ‘Wow! Don’t tell me you just flattering me?’ I replied with an awesome smile. “No, I am serious,” Mulenga emphasized. 

‘Iye ine (surprised)!!! What a lucky man I have? Behind every successful man there’s a woman indeed. But you said you want to buy me long dresses, why can’t you buy me hip stars, bikinis, pedal pushers nangu ama (better still) leggings instead,’ I suggested. 

“Sweetie you know, I am not a fan of such attires. You look beautiful in short skirts and long dresses even in hip stars though,” Mulenga replied. 

Mulenga relocated to Ndola on the Copperbelt province living me with so much to think over. I started wondering whether Mulenga was going to continue being committed to our relationship or he was going to look for a more educated town girl, beautiful and classic than I was. On the other hand, I started contemplating on moving in with him to Ndola. 

As per promise, after a month when he got paid his first salary, he bought me Brazilian hair, long dresses and bought some Chitenge materials for my grandmother, this gesture was awesome. No sooner had Mulenga started working than I started sparkling that men started flocking around me though I gave them cold shoulders though I had Mr. Tembo, a man I met at Samfya beach has my side man. One weekend Mr. Tembo asked me to meet him at “Till Late Guest House”. 

“Hello Mutinta, are you coming? I have been waiting for you for over an hour now. Is anything the matter? Get on a Taxi (pay forward) and call me when you reach by the gate,” said Mr. Tembo via a phone call. 

After a phone call, I quickly took a shower and put on a nice dress and heels that Mulenga bought me. Off I left to meet Mr. Tembo at Till Late Guest House. 

‘Hello, where are you? I am by the entrance of the guest house. I am in a Silver Spacio packed just next to a white BMW,’ I said to Mr. Tembo via phone call. 

 Oh, Ok! I am coming down stairs to pick you,” was Mr. Tembo’s response. 

He came down stairs to pick me and pay the taxi fare. 

“Yes Mutinta, how are you?” Mr. Tembo greeted me once more. 

'I am ok, how are you too?,' I replied. 

“How much is the taxi fare?” he asked. 

‘He charged me K30 but after we went past the other guest house, he added a K20, so it’s K50,” I narrated to Mr. Tembo. 

“Ok. Here you are, give him,” Mr. Tembo gave the money to give a Taxi driver. 

He bought some condoms at the reception as we proceeded to a room he booked. However, I resisted going into a room but eventually accepted and entered. 

LOOK OUT FOR PART 3 Contact the Author on +260 950 594 050 or by email: mwenyamuleba@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Galaxy S8

Galaxy S8
Click banner for more info....

Advert Space

Advert Space
"You Have The Products and Services, We Have The Customers"

TRACTORRASTOS CATERPILLAR PARTS

TRACTORRASTOS CATERPILLAR PARTS

Zalatex Paints

Zalatex Paints
Zambia's number one paint, choice of professionals