BANK WITH UBA

BANK WITH UBA
Click banner for more info....

STUDY AT ECU

STUDY AT ECU
Click banner for more info...

Wednesday 17 December 2014

Zambia's History Filed Under “Fiction”

By Sikwiba Sikota SC 
I hope historians are documenting how our post jubilee politics are panning out. There is a need to have everything written down for our Centenary celebrations in 2064. Most f the people reading this episode of our history will not have lived through it or been old enough to appreciate the goings on that are happening now. 


I have a double major from university of which one of my Majors is politics. I have looked through all my lecture notes from university and found that nothing I was taught applies to what is happening on the Zambian scene. Whilst going through my notes I came across the receipts for the payment for my university tuition. I know I can find a good lawyer to travel with me to Keele University to demand a refund of my university fees. They never included lessons on the Zambian political soap. The current happenings are the stuff of successful and long running soap operas. It appears that there are many more episodes of the Zambian soap to run. Each day gets stranger than fiction. 

Scholars picking up the chronology of Zambia's first hundred years and opening it up to the middle pages to read a few chapters will walk upto the librarian and ask why Zambia's history was not filed under the "fiction" section.

Sakwiba Sikota SC is a renowned Zambian Lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Galaxy S8

Galaxy S8
Click banner for more info....

Advert Space

Advert Space
"You Have The Products and Services, We Have The Customers"

TRACTORRASTOS CATERPILLAR PARTS

TRACTORRASTOS CATERPILLAR PARTS

Zalatex Paints

Zalatex Paints
Zambia's number one paint, choice of professionals