BANK WITH UBA

BANK WITH UBA
Click banner for more info....

STUDY AT ECU

STUDY AT ECU
Click banner for more info...

Saturday 13 December 2014

Excellence know no gender-Ndhlovu

By Winston Muleba II, Zambia
Use your talent to look out for ways to reach out and address other people’s needs says Roydah Ndhlovu. 

Ndhlovu popularly known as Tariah Matthews in music is just a simple girl who takes people's happiness to be her priority and believes in expressing herself through music. 

She is an upcoming music artist and currently pursuing accountancy at Evelyn Hone College of Commerce and Applied Arts. 


She says with early marriage, a girl childhood abruptly ends. Her health and future are in jeopardy. Her right to live a free life from abuse is violated. 

Ndhlovu says she was born on 1st February 1993 in Ndola to Mr. Matthews Ndhlovu and Mrs Priscilla Masamba Ndhlovu. 

“I am the third born in the family of one male and three females. I went to Chilengwa Basic School for my primary then to Lubuto High School. I completed grade twelve in 2009 and finished my ZICA Technician in 2013, currently pursuing ZICA Licentiate at Evelyn Hone College just looking forward to working in a certain company as an accountant.” she says. 

She says her biggest drive to success is her ability to envision. 
“My ability to envision has helped me see how things would be, hence I work hard to reach my goals.” she says. 

Ndhlovu says early marriage affects both male and female but statistically, she says females are more vulnerable to early marriages than males. 

“Children as young as 13years old in remote areas and 16years mostly in urban areas are married off. Early marriages come with a lot of consequences, which include dependency, illiteracy etc. It also increases premature birth emotional stress and also leads to high rate of poverty, cervical cancer, and high number of street kids. Married off children often fail to run their homes because they are not yet of age.” she says. 

She says her main challenge so far in her music career path is limited financial resources. 
“There are a lot of challenges however; the most challenging one is limited financial resources. As you may be aware, I have to pay for each studio session, in short every recording is paid for. Currently am just being supported by my father so it’s kind of hard lol. Studying accountancy as well as doing music is also challenging because they both require much attention. However, through shows and other means I'm able to raise money so as to keep my music career in shape. With respect to school, I have opted to do my music on weekends.” she says. 

Ndhlovu urges victims of early marriages to be steadfast. 
“As a concerned youth, I always feel for victims of early marriages, so to every person out there in this situation I wish to urge them that it’s never too late to continue with education and be the person they have always wanted to become in future.” she says. 

She says her objectives in music basically are making her audience enjoy it and to educate. 
“My best moment in music is when my objectives are met and the worst moment is when audience don't appreciate my music whereas in accountancy my best moment is when I got certified as an accountant and my worst is when school reaches a point where it is depriving my other programs.” she says. 

Ndhlovu says stiff sensitization is one cure to vice of early marriages. 
“Forming up NGOs or urging existing ones to keep persuading people about the effects of early marriages as well as counseling students/pupils in schools, societies through any form of media available, I feel that way early marriages could be halted.” she says. 

She says she started music with a view to addressing issues affecting young people. 
“What really made me to start music basically is that I wanted to voice out and educate people on the developmental issues like ending early marriages, so I realized that the only and easiest way was for me to use my singing talent as a channel of communication so eventually I ventured into music.” she says. 

Ndhlovu says she has plans of starting a Non-government organization. 
“My future plans are to start up an NGO that would address issues of early marriages. It is my wish to see every victim of early marriages to achieve their dreams. Empowerment is something they deserve, excellence know no gender therefore we must all be empowered to realize our dreams.” she says. 

She says her mother inspires her most. 
“My mother has been my role model for the reason that her main concern is every person's way of living. She has spent her life educating people on how to live and become better people through bible counsels. She keeps telling me “mwana wandi (my daughter) education is the most important thing, it makes people not limited to doing things and it defeats the idol mind. “To mention but not the least she always tells me “If you want something my daughter, you have to get up and do something to get It.” she says. 

Ndhlovu says her music is making an impact in people’s lives. 
“My music has a positive impact to both the young and the old, because I mostly talk about moral upright and decency. I would want to do project that are educating, on matters that are affecting society and my main objective is to reach out to the society about Cancer, HIV and also club life.” she says. 

She says dating and having a boyfriend her not for her as at now. 
“I need enough time just for myself therefore, I have decided to be single because my main focuses now are studies and music.” she says. 

Ndhlovu urges youths to condemn early marriages in the strongest terms. 
“My message to fellow youths about early marriage is that they should avoid it and fight it strongly, as we know we all have dreams hence it shatters ones dreams. Let me also take this opportunity to say marriage is a life time commitment, hence someone has to be mentally mature.” she says. 

Use your talent to look out for ways to reach out and address other people’s needs. You can do it. For comments: mwenyamuleba@gmail.com / 0966 461 943/0950 594 050

No comments:

Post a Comment

Galaxy S8

Galaxy S8
Click banner for more info....

Advert Space

Advert Space
"You Have The Products and Services, We Have The Customers"

TRACTORRASTOS CATERPILLAR PARTS

TRACTORRASTOS CATERPILLAR PARTS

Zalatex Paints

Zalatex Paints
Zambia's number one paint, choice of professionals