BANK WITH UBA

BANK WITH UBA
Click banner for more info....

STUDY AT ECU

STUDY AT ECU
Click banner for more info...

Sunday 19 October 2014

Kwamie Liv - a songstress

By Winston Muleba II, Zambia
Use yourself in such a way that maximizes your positive output says Kwamie Liv. 

Liv is a Danish–Zambian based in Copenhagen. 

She says young people must trust their guts, understand the box, but try to think outside it. 

Liv is a songstress and recently released her first EP ‘Lost in the Girl’. 

“I’m currently based in Copenhagen, Denmark. I have a family in Zambia, and hope to return sooner rather than later. My mother is Danish and my father is Zambian.” she says. 


She says music has always been part of her life. 
“I feel music has always been a part of my life. I was born to the music of opera singer Barbara Hendricks and I grew up in a very music-filled home. The first song I ever wrote came to me in a dream when I was eight years. I woke up in the middle of the night and recorded it into a little machine.” she says. 

She says she made music but never thought about labeling it. 
“I started music at a very tender age though it took me a long time to recognize myself as a musician. Making music was just something I always did; but I never thought to label It. Recently I released my first EP ‘Lost in the Girl’ this summer.” she says. 

Liv says consistency is important in developing a talent. 
“I think there are many ways to develop your talents, but the most important one is consistency. Keep doing it, don’t stop.” she says. “Personally, I have always been drawn to the fact that music, and artistic expression in general, is universal. It is above boundaries and accessible to everyone, the power to create lives within all of us.” she says. 

Liv says music can help transform the lives. 
“Music industry help transform the lives of young people therefore as artists I think it is important to focus on our crafts and less on how an outside structure can influence it. Against this, let us keep our eyes on the ball and use music to help transform the lives of young people.” she says. 

“I believe that realizing our potential is a life-long journey…sometimes the detours can make for a good story, and if nothing else, they hopefully teach us something. I try not to judge other people’s path, there’s always a reason and there is always hope.” she says. 

Liv is says she is proud that African continent and its current climate is increasingly recognized globally. “When I look at the African continent and its current creative climate, and how it’s increasingly recognized globally for this, I’m proud. From writers, to visual artists to musicians, we are rich. I think it is important to focus on and create the possibilities, of which there are many, rather than be clouded or pulled back by the hindrances.” she says. 

She says she is inspired by people who are themselves. 
“I don’t have one artist in particular I can narrow it down to say he or she inspires me… There are so many greats, for so many different reasons. In general, I would say that I’m inspired by people who are fearless, free, passionate and unashamed of who they are.” she says. 

Focus on your crafts and less on how an outside structure can influence it. You can do it. 

For comments: mwenyamuleba@gmail.com / 0966 461 943/0950 594 050

No comments:

Post a Comment

Galaxy S8

Galaxy S8
Click banner for more info....

Advert Space

Advert Space
"You Have The Products and Services, We Have The Customers"

TRACTORRASTOS CATERPILLAR PARTS

TRACTORRASTOS CATERPILLAR PARTS

Zalatex Paints

Zalatex Paints
Zambia's number one paint, choice of professionals