BANK WITH UBA

BANK WITH UBA
Click banner for more info....

STUDY AT ECU

STUDY AT ECU
Click banner for more info...

Sunday 3 January 2016

Part 5: Fragile Heart

By Winston Muleba II 
Surprisingly, he again mentioned Mr. Tembo in our conversation. 

“A Mr. Tembo, Lecturer called me to say I should stay away from you, tell me more about this man?” Mulenga asked. 

I decided to cut the line and switched off my phone, because I realized that the milk was spilt. 

A month letter I missed my monthly period. 

One day after confirming that I was pregnant, I gained some guts and called Mr. Tembo to tell him that I missed my periods. Alas, his phone was just ringing; he couldn’t answer my calls for the next two days as if he knew what I wanted to tell him. 

Meanwhile, I kept communicating with Mulenga but never told him I was pregnant for another man. 

I imagined how my life would be if Mr. Tembo denied to take responsibility. I also looked at how I would digest the shame I brought in the family especially that I refused having an affair with another man apart from Mulenga, on several counts. My nights became nightmares because all I could think of was how my future would be especially with a bastard child. I thought I was clever yet I was fooling myself, what a life! 

Eventually, I found solace in my friend Rebecca because she was open to me and I was open to her. I told her everything and she kept encouraging me not to do anything silly to the pregnancy. Rebecca is a friend, one in a million; she stood by my side during this hard moment. I owe her a lot. 

As if it was a dream, unexpectedly, Mr. Tembo dropped me a text reading as, “hello ka gelo, I’m sorry I was attending a seminar thus couldn’t respond to your calls, what’s up? I missed you. By the way how is your boyfriend, Mulenga?” 

And my reply was, “Olo namwishiba ba Tembo don’t play around with me, I know you were with other girls. Anyway where are you, I want to see you its urgent?” 

Upon receiving my text, Mr. Tembo got offended and without hesitating he called me back and said, “nawishiba Mutinta I’m not your age, how dare you tell me, I was with some other girls and not at the seminar. Naudelela (you’ve become big headed), is it because you’ve seen my nanikane (nakedness)? Olo maybe you’ve found another caring man better than me? I’m very disappointed with your reaction to my text,” he responded and ended the call. 

I called him back, he didn’t pick my call. 

Again I text him ‘asukeni phone, you are guilty te?’ 

After receiving the text, he again called me back and said, “Iwe what has really come over you, guilty ifinshi? What is urgent that you want to see me for? “ 

‘I will tell you kaili when we meet. Bring me utu mulembwe ne loba (okra and edible soil)!’ I replied and requested. “Since when did you start eating iloba? Anyway I will bring okra. Let’s meet at 5pm at mixed doubles guest house,” he suggested. 

‘Ok sweetie,’ I replied. 

At exactly 5pm he called me to say he was already by guest house and I told him I was on my way to the guest house. 10minutes later, I reached the guest house and beeped him to ask for his where about within the guest premises. He said he was just by the lawns next to the swimming pool. 

“Hi!” he greeted me when I reached where he was. 

‘Hello, how are you?’ I replied. 

“Nawina! olo naukashika noku telela lol (you’ve gained weight and become light) weh! 

“Here is your parcel of Okra and Iloba,” he said. 

‘Oh! Thank you! That’s so nice of you,’ I said. 

“So what is it that you wanted to discuss with me, I’m rushing home, umwana taleumfwa bwino (my child isn’t feeling well), you better tell me fast. By the way what are you taking for a drink?” 
Mr. Tembo said. 

‘I’m not taking anything thank you. Are you insinuating that you want to leave me for your son? You better be serious. Anyway without wasting time, I am pregnant,’ I disclosed. 

“Wow! That’s good news, I’m so happy for you. Have you told your boyfriend about it?” Mr. Tembo asked. 

‘What do you mean telling my boyfriend? lifumo lyenu pantu (you are responsible for the pregnancy)!’ I angrily replied. 

He kept quiet for some seconds, he smiled at me, got his phone from the pocket looked at Time then looked straight into my eyes, shook his head and then he was like what did you just say? 

‘Namumfwa (you heard me)!’ I angrily replied again. 

“Mutinta, tell me you are joking. How could you conceive? I told you to be taking pills, nomba iwe ati iyo ndimwaiche, wamona nomba (you ignored my advice saying you are young for the pills, now see the) result. Ehe nshilekana nalekuchita (I am not denying that I used to f**k you) but on this one find another father of your child not me, you know better that I’m a family man and I wouldn't want to break my marriage with my wife on silly issues like this one. Here is check of K5, 000 sort yourself. I’m out,” reacted, Mr. Tembo. 

“Ala imwe ba Tembo the time you were having sex naine (with me) you told me you wanted to make me your wife then what is this rubbish you are just telling that you wouldn’t want to break your marriage with your wife? Awe it’s not fair after mwantambila nokunchitaula ine mukangupa chibechibe (for aslong as you’ve seen my nakedness, you’ll marry me),” I said. 

At this point I realized that Mr. Tembo was not joking and off he left. I picked the cheque went home and quickly resorted to fixing Mulenga. I was not sure of whom the father of the child was between Mr. Tembo and the guy at the bar. 

The following day, I called Mulenga to tell him I was traveling on the Copperbelt to see him. He agreed that I go. The following day I told bambuya (Granny) that I was travelling to the Copperbelt to see the love of my life. She blessed my journey. 

The day I reached Ndola, I called Mulenga to notify him that I was by the station. He said he was coming to pick me up from the station. Just in few minutes he came with a ‘ride’. 

I couldn’t believe what I saw; he came to pick me in a Benz C380 long chassis. He looked so nice and organized ngebele gaaaaad!Uyu nshamupanye. 

‘Whose vehicle is this baby,” I asked. 

“Ofcourse mine baby. Nautelela look at your hips and boobs lol very appetizing. Get inside we get home,” he agreed and compliment. 

‘Nomba sweetie mwalishita na motoka nonjeba (you’ve bought a car without telling me, why)?’ I got shocked. 

“Don’t worry, I wanted to surprise you honey,” he said. 

To cut the story short when we reached home he quickly showed me the bathroom, I took a shower and he gave me some nice food. He welcomed me in a special not knowing that he was just playing with my brain. 

After having some food, he said he wanted to introduce me to his maid so he called a certain lady to come to his home. 

In 30minutes time she came and she looked so smart with good English and so corporate. He asked her to take a seat. He told her who I was and he finally introduced her to me as his new girlfriend. My heart was broken. 

He then said “Mutinta I thought you loved me but you sweet talked me and played nasty games behind my back and you thought I wouldn’t know. All along have watched your moves and that’s why I always give you barriers whenever you requested to come over here. I’m reliably informed about your affair with Mr. Tembo and what has brought you here. You also slept with a friend to my friend; you thought I still wouldn’t know seeing that I’m here on the Copperbelt. Learn to love with all your heart. You promised to stand by me but you failed and opted to go for Mr. Tembo, a sugar dad. I’m sorry to say that your mission is known, you are pregnant for another man. The other time wambepa ati walitola Samsung Galaxy kanshi niba Tembo bakushitile (you cheated me that you picked a Samsung Galaxy Phone). Uletasha iwe wemwankashi (learn to appreciate), see what you have put yourself in. I always wanted to see the best out of you but with this condition, I have no option but to say I will be helping you when you need my help,” Mulenga said as I cried. 

Mutinta you’ve a fragile heart. Meet my fiancĂ©e once again; we are getting married next year by God’s grace. 

LOOK OUT FOR PART 6 
Contact the Author on +260 950 594 050 or by email: mwenyamuleba@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Galaxy S8

Galaxy S8
Click banner for more info....

Advert Space

Advert Space
"You Have The Products and Services, We Have The Customers"

TRACTORRASTOS CATERPILLAR PARTS

TRACTORRASTOS CATERPILLAR PARTS

Zalatex Paints

Zalatex Paints
Zambia's number one paint, choice of professionals