BANK WITH UBA

BANK WITH UBA
Click banner for more info....

STUDY AT ECU

STUDY AT ECU
Click banner for more info...

Sunday 3 January 2016

Kambwili takes on Mwebantu New Media Editor

By Staff Reporter, LUSAKA 
Chief Government spokesperson Chishimba Kambwili has expressed concern over an article which was published by Mwebantu New Media last year. 

Mr. Kambwili who is also Informations Minister and Roan lawmaker suggests that in the recent past an online media, 'Mwebantu New Media' has been publishing unverified stories. 

“I came across an article composed by a young boy who runs Mwebantu New Media, I must say I was quite impressed with this online media all this time, recently I have notices a scourge of unverified stories and accusations. What a shame!” he says. 

In a justification statement monitored by WM Media, Mr. Kambwili has alleged that Mwebantu New Media Editor, Kalusa Kasabo published an article titled “PF structures reject Kambwili in Chingola, float Richard Kazala.”  

“First and foremost I am the seating MP for Roan Constituency, I cannot remember telling anyone that intend to stand in Nchanga,” he stated. 

Mr. Kambwili stated that the people of Nchanga themselves have supposedly engineered the move because they have seen his works in roan. 

“I repeat I have not announced that I am standing there. It seams they are some detractors that are hell bent on denting my name at all costs,” he stated.

Mwebantu New Media published an article last year which pointed that the ruling Patriotic Front structures in Chingola have rejected the proposed candidature of Information Minister Chishimba Kambwili to stand in the area and replace Nchanga Member of Parliament Wylbur Simuusa.

“According to sources that sought anonymity over the matter, silent campaigns have already opened up in the party and interested candidates have kicked off manoeuvres to get adopted ahead of next years Presidential and Parliamentary elections,” reads the article in part, adding that but some party structures in the provincial executive on the Copperbelt fear Information Minister Chishimba Kambwili's popularity continues to dwindle in Roan Constituency and may have great difficulties retaining the seat next year.

Meanwhile, Mr. Kambwili has alleged that he revamped Luanshya, 'the garden town'. 

“I came to Luanshya when everyone had deserted Luanshya, the mines were closed and everyone ran away and left Luanshya. Luanshya was so run down, it was a sorry site, but for me who grew up there I wasn't ready to ran away, I knew that God had a purpose for me and I remained, I helped in every little way that I could, I bought stocks for small scale businesses (Ntemba), the main supermarket Shoprite usually ran out of stock as people never had money to make the business tick over, none of this stopped me from lending a hand where I could. I slowly built a name based on my goodwill,” he stated. 

Mr. Kambwili further stated that he secured jobs for Luanshya youths in the Mines. 

“Unemployment was high in roan, a mining township, of course I took it upon myself to make sure the youths of roan where first priority with regards to employment. The mines obliged and soon enough quite a number of youths where employed and things began to look up,” he stated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Galaxy S8

Galaxy S8
Click banner for more info....

Advert Space

Advert Space
"You Have The Products and Services, We Have The Customers"

TRACTORRASTOS CATERPILLAR PARTS

TRACTORRASTOS CATERPILLAR PARTS

Zalatex Paints

Zalatex Paints
Zambia's number one paint, choice of professionals