BANK WITH UBA

BANK WITH UBA
Click banner for more info....

STUDY AT ECU

STUDY AT ECU
Click banner for more info...

Saturday 1 November 2014

Take responsibility for your life - Dr Mutale

By Winston Muleba II, Zambia
Remain focused and take responsibility for your failures and successes, says Liya Mutale. 

Dr Mutale is a medical doctor, an ordained minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ, an author, a mentor, a life coach, a planner and entrepreneur who believes she was born to empower nations for wealth and health. 

Born on the 21st day of January in 1964, Dr Mutale is celebrating Jubilee together with Zambia. She is the first born in a family of six, three males and three females. Dr Mutale is married to retired Brig. General Justin Mutale with whom she has eight children two sons, six daughters and two grandsons. 

She loves her children dearly and is very proud of their individual successes. 
"I believe the best investment my husband and I have made is the education we have provided and continue to provide for our children. No one can take that away." she says. 

Dr Mutale explains that she did her undergraduate studies in Germany and her postgraduate studies in Denmark. 
"I started school at Lusaka Girls Primary School and later I ended up at Chipembi Girls where I did my secondary education. After form five, I went to National Service in Mansa. In late 1981 I got a scholarship to study medicine in the then East Germany at Leipziger University. To cut a long story short I came back home and joined the Ministry of Health in July 1993. I was posted to UTH as a SRMO in the department of Obstetrics and Gynecology later to the Lusaka District Health Management Team. In 2002, I went to Copenhagen in Denmark to study a Masters in International Health. Five months after my return from Denmark, in January 2003, I was seconded to the National Aids Council and in January 2005, to ZPCT /Family Health International, where I served as 'Senior Clinical Care Advisor'. After ZPCT, I worked at Clinton Foundation briefly and in September 2008 I left the Clinton Foundation where I worked as Senior Program Manager under the Clinton Foundations Human Resource Initiative". She explains. 

She says she published her first book entitled in 2010. 
"While In employment in 2007, I established my own Events Company, called TLC Events and a Faith Based Organization called TLC Family Life Ministries International. In 2010, my husband was appointed Military Advisor to the Office of the Permanent Representative to the United Nations in New York. During this time I finalized my book, 'He Can, He Does & He Will' which I later published in the USA. TLC Family Life Ministries International is a Faith Based Organization dedicated to building individuals and families into what God intended them to be. We aim to empower people with the realization that they have the potential to achieve their dreams through the application of the correct knowledge, correct principles, having the right attitude and making the right choices. At TLC Events we specialize in managing Christian events, such as conferences, seminars, workshops and Gospel concerts." she says. 

Dr Mutale says she made the decision to give her life to The Lord in 1997. 
"Almost 18 years ago I gave my life to The Lord at Abundant Life Fellowship in Kabulonga. Obviously after I gave my life to The Lord I expected things to change like magic. I will not say my life has been all glamorous since I gave my life to The Lord, no. I have had trials and temptations too, but the difference now is that I am not alone I have God on my side. I love the idea that God is in control, so even if things are hard I have the faith and hope that it shall be well. I realize the devil can't do anything to me without God's permission, and if God allows it, then it will work out for my good!" she says with a smile. 

She explains why Young faith believers adopt questionable behaviors in society. 
"This happens mostly because they sometimes have not understood what they did when they accepted Christ as their personal savior. You see some do it to please their parents or peers and to fit into a certain click. Those that seriously give their lives to The Lord understand what it means to be a child of God and will ask the Holy Spirit to deliver them from temptation and help them through their transformation process. This life is all about making decisions, some decisions you will make will be good and others bad,but you just have to keep making decisions in order to move on. So my advise is that one should think through every decision they make because it surely will have consequences maybe not today or tomorrow but certainly in the near future. The important thing is that you make sure to take total responsibility for whatever the outcome may be." she explains. 

 In addition Dr Mutale says Zambian youth generally should consider stop playing the blame game. “Take responsibility for the failures and successes in your life and remember that whatever your God has given purpose in this life it is connected to the bigger picture. Add to what God is doing in Zambia, be a part of God's great vision and purpose for Zambia. Don't play the victim, be the victor! Connect seriously to the greatest source of power - The Lord Jesus Christ; Get an understanding of who you are and why you were created; Hang on to what you believe about yourself; Create a plan for your life and set goals; Find a mentor and be accountable to him or her; Have an attitude of gratitude and finally whatever you do, do it in love because with 'love' ALL things are possible.” she says. 

She says it is important for one to have a mentor to whom one is accountable. 
"I am a mentor and I have been a mentor to many, but you need to realize that mentors are there for a reason and a season. I have had several great mentors in the 50 years of my life, it would take the whole day for me to list them. Nevertheless, I have three permanent mentors; first of all I have Jesus The Christ as my mentor and role model, He answers my questions and guides me through the word of God. Secondly, my husband Brig. Gen. Justin Mutale, who is the voice of reason in my life. He knows how to calm the storms of my life and always provides great counsel after he lets me vent out. Last but not least, my mother, Honorable Patricia Nawa, who has vast experience and knowledge which I have had the privilege to tap into over the years.” she says. 

Dr Mutale says her hobbies are reading, cooking, writing and watching Television with her baby daughter Abby. She also enjoys spending time with her family having fun. 

She says her prayer is that we all become the best we can be and in so doing Zambia becomes what God purposed it to be, a peaceful 'City of Refuge', a 'Beacon of Light' from which a mighty revival will be birthed and a 'Prosperous Country' where it's wealth is shared equally so that all shall live in abundance lacking nothing, a country governed by God. 

Dr Mutale says she would like people to remember her as one who was not perfect but one who diligently and faithfully worked towards becoming a woman of excellence. 
“I would like to be remembered as a woman who feared God and desired the best for all, a woman who desired to bring out the best in everyone she came across.” says Dr Mutale. 

Remain focused and take responsibility for your failures and successes. It is that simple. You can do it. 

For comments:mwenyamuleba@gmail.com / 0966 461 943/0950 594 050

No comments:

Post a Comment

Galaxy S8

Galaxy S8
Click banner for more info....

Advert Space

Advert Space
"You Have The Products and Services, We Have The Customers"

TRACTORRASTOS CATERPILLAR PARTS

TRACTORRASTOS CATERPILLAR PARTS

Zalatex Paints

Zalatex Paints
Zambia's number one paint, choice of professionals