BANK WITH UBA

BANK WITH UBA
Click banner for more info....

STUDY AT ECU

STUDY AT ECU
Click banner for more info...

Sunday 30 November 2014

Meet Roydah Ndhlovu, a songstress and accountancy student

By Winston Muleba II, Zambia
Ndhlovu popularly known as Tariah Matthews in music, is just a simple girl who takes people's happiness to be her priority and believes in expressing herself through music.   


Ndhlovu says she was born on 1st february 1993 in Ndola. 
 “I am a former pupil of Lubuto High School, finished my high school in the year 2009 and currently pursuing Accountancy at Evelyn Hone College and looking forward to working in a certain company as an accountant.”she says. 

She says her biggest drive to success is visualization. 
“I am able to imagine, this is to say visualization has helped me see how things would be, hence I work hard to reach my goals.”she says. 

Ndhlovu says her main challenge so far is limited financial resources. 
“There are a lot of challenges however,the most challenging one is limited financial resources. As you may be aware, I have to pay for each studio session, in short every recording is paid for. Currently am just being supported by my father so its kind of hard lol. Studying accountancy as well as doing music is also challenging because they both require much attention. However, through shows and other means I'm able to raise money so as to keep my music career in shape. With respect to school, I have opted to do my music on weekends.”she says. 

She says her objectives in music basically are making her audience enjoy the music and to educate. 
“My best moment in music is when my objectives are met and the worst moment is when audience don't appreciate my music whereas in accountancy my best moment is when I got certified as an accountant and my worst is when school reaches a point where it is depriving my other programs.”she says. 

Ndhlovu says she started music with a view to addressing issues affecting young people. 
“What really made me to start music basically is that I wanted to voice out and educate people on the developmental issues like ending early marriages, so I realised that the only and easiest way was for me to use my singing talent as a channel of communication so eventually I ventured into music.”she says. 

 She says her mother is her role model. 
 “My mother has been my role model for the reason that her main concern is every person's way of living. She has spent her life educating people on how to live and become better people through bible counsels. She keeps telling me “mwana wandi (my daughter) education is the most important thing, it makes people not limited to doing things and it defeats the idol mind.”To mention but not the least she always tells me “If you want something my daughter, you have to get up and do something to get it.””she says. 

Ndhlovu says her music is making an impact in peoples lives. 
“My music has a positive impact to both the young and the old, because I mostly talk about moral upright and decency. I would want to do projects that are educating, on matters that are affecting society and my main objective is to reach out to the society about Cancer, HIV and also club life.” she says. 

She says dating, boyfriend issues not now. 
“I need enough time just for myself therefore,I have decided to be single because my main focus now are studies and music.”she says. 

Ndhlovu urges youths to condemn early marriages in strongest terms. 
 “My message to fellow youths about early marriage is that they should avoid it and fight it strongly, as we know we all have dreams hence it shatters ones dreams. Let me also take this opportunity to say marriage is a life time commitment,hence someone has to be mentally mature.”she says.

3 comments:

  1. Nice article...... I love your music

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the top business schools, Aloke Ghosh says that you may end up spending thousands of dollars for a Accountancy program. Imagine spending such a huge sum of money just to gain knowledge!

    ReplyDelete

Galaxy S8

Galaxy S8
Click banner for more info....

Advert Space

Advert Space
"You Have The Products and Services, We Have The Customers"

TRACTORRASTOS CATERPILLAR PARTS

TRACTORRASTOS CATERPILLAR PARTS

Zalatex Paints

Zalatex Paints
Zambia's number one paint, choice of professionals