BANK WITH UBA

BANK WITH UBA
Click banner for more info....

STUDY AT ECU

STUDY AT ECU
Click banner for more info...

Thursday 28 December 2017

Slapdee urges upcoming artistes to never give up, stay persistent | WestMac Media

By Staff Writer, Lusaka 
Lusaka artiste commonly known as Slapdee has urged upcoming artistes to stay persistent, keep working and doing the right thing adding that all will fall in place. 

He recalls that there was a time he thought it was all over for him. 


“I made music hoping it would make radio but didn’t. I thought the DJs didn’t like me. I auditioned for record deals but was never picked. I thought the judges didn’t like me. Even after I had music out I was left out for shows that I thought were perfect for me. I thought the promoters didn’t like me,” says Slapdee. 

Slapdee real names Mwila Musonda says after trying his level best, years later he discovered it wasn’t that any of those people didn’t like him. 

“It was not my time for any of those events to happen. Even though I felt ready, I was not mentally prepared for any of that. Imagine getting a K100 deal at a time when you believe in junta the most. You would spend it all on the wrong things and regret the short lived fame. It’s true the universe gives you what you ask for but you ought to be ready for it,” he says. 

Meanwhile Slapdee has further pointed that he has heard a lot of young musicians complaining that they have great music but just never seem to blow. 

“Mostly, this is followed by a blame on who isn’t giving them the boost they need. Stay persistent, keep working, do the right thing and it will all fall in place. It’s not that they ‘hating’ on you, they are buying you time to prepare yourself for the best! Go young blood go!” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Galaxy S8

Galaxy S8
Click banner for more info....

Advert Space

Advert Space
"You Have The Products and Services, We Have The Customers"

TRACTORRASTOS CATERPILLAR PARTS

TRACTORRASTOS CATERPILLAR PARTS

Zalatex Paints

Zalatex Paints
Zambia's number one paint, choice of professionals