BANK WITH UBA

BANK WITH UBA
Click banner for more info....

STUDY AT ECU

STUDY AT ECU
Click banner for more info...

Friday 29 April 2016

Govt recommends constable Marjory Moyo for a new rank as sergeant

By Staff Reporter, KITWE 
The minister of home affairs Davies Mwila has recommended a traffic police officer, Marjory Moyo for a promotion from Constable to Sergeant following her unfortunate accident where she sustained serious injuries while on duty. 

In February this year, Ms Moyo was bashed by a speeding Toyota Hiace minibus registration number ALJ 7248 at Lusaka's Marsharlands area. 

On the material day, Ms Moyo impounded a minibus at a checkpoint mounted at Marsharlands area. However, a minibus driver; Stephen Phiri, 23, of Mtendere township realized that he had no drivers license and his bus had no certificate of fitness, so he attempted to escape traffic charges and in the process hit the her.

According to the Post, last week, Ms Moyo who is recovering from injuries sustained after a defiant minibus driver hit said she was feeling much better after undergoing reconstructive surgery at Johannesburg’s Milpark Hospital. 

The report states that speaking from her hospital bed when former Zambia’s High Commissioner to South Africa Leslie Mbula visited her, Moyo said she did not hold a grudge against Stephen - the bus driver.

“I forgave that boy the very day he hit me because I knew he was acting under the influence of something. What he did was not normal, something was using him. I don’t know what but definitely he was not himself,” Ms Moyo added. 

She said it would be pointless for her to hold a grudge against Phiri. 

“I would have suggested that they even drop his charges in court but I think the law must take its course. Whatever the judgment would be, it should be a lesson to others but for me really, I forgave him already. What I just want is to see him and talk to him when I go back home,” Ms Moyo said.

And Ms Moyo, who could not believe the news of her promotion, yesterday said that she was profoundly grateful to Government for continuing to care for her and the family in their troubled times.

“Is it true. I have just been getting stories and I hope it’s true. First it was my aunt who called me and then my brother also told me. Please tell me,” an excited Ms Moyo pleaded.

After being told that Home Affairs Minister, Mr. Davies Mwila announced her promotion during a radio programme on the Copperbelt, Ms Moyo quipped: “Iyeee!. I will start dancing. I wish I could dance just to show how thankful I am to this government.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Galaxy S8

Galaxy S8
Click banner for more info....

Advert Space

Advert Space
"You Have The Products and Services, We Have The Customers"

TRACTORRASTOS CATERPILLAR PARTS

TRACTORRASTOS CATERPILLAR PARTS

Zalatex Paints

Zalatex Paints
Zambia's number one paint, choice of professionals