BANK WITH UBA

BANK WITH UBA
Click banner for more info....

STUDY AT ECU

STUDY AT ECU
Click banner for more info...

Thursday 29 October 2015

GBV ambassador insults, assaults a 32-year-old woman

By Staff Reporter, Lusaka 
A gender based violence ambassador, General Kanene, real names Clifford Dimba has assaulted a 32-year-old woman of Lusaka’s Chawama compound in Lusaka. 

Kanene who was recently accused of beating up Sharon Ngandula, his wife after she allegedly refused to have sex with him has savagely beaten up another woman leaving her with a swollen face, black eye and general body pains according to the medical report. 

A woman identified as Modrine Chisenga is nursing heavy injuries on her face and left eye after she was beaten by General Kanene when she went to John Howard compound to collect a K360 debt for alcohol from Kanene’s friend, Shaka - the owner of Eskim Bar. 

Chisenga explains that Kanene called her a prostitute, she got upset and that's how they started insulting and pulling each other. 

“I pray the law can deal with him, he has no respect for women. I have opened a docket. It was not even him I was dealing with,” she said. 

“Banani nyoza (he insulted me) and that was when I felt upset and insulted him back and told him I did not follow him but the owner of the bar Shaka. He insulted me again and I continued to insult him back. That was when he then approached me, slapped me and we began pulling each other,” Chisenga narrated. 

She adds, “I could not fight him because he was stronger than me. He punched me, slapped me again and when I fell down, he kicked me repeatedly.” 

When she managed to break free, she ran for her life, leaving her phone and a purse which she claims contained over K1,500. 

Chisenga, a Widow says she is a business woman who supply local bars with alcohol which she orders from Zimbabwe. 

When Kanene was contacted for a comment he reiterated that Chisenga was a prostitute adding that he does not associate himself with prostitutes. 

In July, President Edgar Lungu appointed Kanene as his ambassador for the fight against gender violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Galaxy S8

Galaxy S8
Click banner for more info....

Advert Space

Advert Space
"You Have The Products and Services, We Have The Customers"

TRACTORRASTOS CATERPILLAR PARTS

TRACTORRASTOS CATERPILLAR PARTS

Zalatex Paints

Zalatex Paints
Zambia's number one paint, choice of professionals